TODAY I AM 18 months old! We don't have an official today picture because I'm sick-e-poo! I have another ear infection along with a fever! :( My mommy and daddy were hoping to wait until tomorrow to take me to the doctor, but you can't put a price on my health. So, daddy took me to Urgent Care.
A lot has changed since we posted last!
I helped Grammie and mommy bake cookies. I was allowed to stand up on the chair and help turn on the Kitchen Aid mixer. We did two rounds. One round I had a cool apron on that my babysitter Missy gave me. The 2nd round I didn't have that on, and my Grammie told me to turn on the mixer. She FORGOT that she had a massive amount of flour in there. OOPS! It went everywhere....including in Grammie's hair. Those will be great memories and I hope I can help next year too!
I have my first professional hair cut. It looks pretty shabby and I sat still. I had Christmas and LOVED opening presents. Some of my favorites were my new kitchen, play doll to prepare for my baby sister, and my vacummn. Now, I am a big boy and can help my family around the house! In fact, I LOVE to take the plates of people to the sink. It started me just doing that because I got lots of claps and praises, then I decided it was fun to play in the water, so I wanted to rinse the dishes off. Now, my mommy has decided I should even put them int he dishwasher. That thing is really fun because I can decide of all the holes where I want to put it. My mommy tells my daddy at least one boy in the house knows what to do!
Also, I have a new baby sister, named Marissa (see post about her, this is all about ME!). I called her "sissy" and/or "baby". I am a big fan of hers already. I enjoyed spending quality time with my aunt Carrie while mommy was pushing Marissa out. Then, while she stayed in the hospital, I was spoiled by my Grammie. It was pure bliss, I wouldn't have it any other way! Grammie even took me to Tuttle Mall to play! When sissy got home, I gave her hugs and kisses.
Then, I got this stomach virus. I puked for the first time all over the floor and walls, and some in the toilet. My mommy was crying because her boy was sick and she's got some issues after having the baby, my Grammie ran me to the toilet..like I'm a really big boy now! :) Daddy and Grammie were on Patient control for me while my mommy was in charge of Sissy! I got over that but not without giving it to Grammie, daddy and Non-non (that's what I call John)!
I went out in the snow for the first time as well. My Grammie bundled me up and we had a ball! I got out the summer toys and decided that the sand bucket would be useful in snow as well.
I have a sled but it's sitting int he garage because I have another ear infection! This is getting old!! But, I'm a trooper and continue to play just like nothing has happened to me.
Here's some other things I'm doing.
1. I tell people "wa wa" for water
2. I say "done" when I am finished eating so I can get down.
3. I can recognize a bus out in the real world because I play with a bus that my mom and Uncle Daren had growing up. It makes my Mama and Papa really proud because they drove school busses for so many years!
4. I love to take a shower as well. My daddy fills the tub really, really, really full and I learned how to turn on the shower. It's fun to play in it, so now we are going to try and give me a shower to mix up the bath time because they think sissy needs time in the tub too. But, I always was told that girls stink! :)
5. I'm loving that mommy is home and isn't getting up for work. I get to sleep in as late as I want and it's awesome! However, I miss my friends, especially Ry Rya at Missy's. My mom is going to take me there a few days a week so she can have time with Marissa, get things done during her nap time and just have a few minutes to herself. She says it will be good to keep in a routine, but I know it's different than that!
6. I say please in the right context. I have been saying Thank You and You're Welcome and my mommy and Grammie worked hard on making me saying Please. It comes out "peas" and I have an ornery grin on my face, but at least I have manners!
7. I have hid in the corner to poop as long as I can remember but now I tell mommy after I have went by coming over to her and letting me smell me, or by holding my pants. I overhear my parents talking about "trying" to potty-train. I wonder what that means? Is the potty that white thing that I put the lid down on fast and climb on to get my teeth brushed. I don't get how much training that is gonna take! ;)
---Pictures to follow but I'm tired and it's time for a nap!!!!
Sunday, January 10, 2010
The journey began when daddy and mommy thought a 12:30 at night fun times would be ok since your brother took forever to happen! However, that wasn't the case! We are very thankful that happened as we weren't convinced we were going to have any more children! I'm thankful you were a surpise!
At the appt when we found out you were a girl, you mom screamed loud...people that work there knew it was a girl! You were stubborn (doomed already) and didn't show us a great heart beat! Therefore, at 28 weeks it was time for another ultrasound and news that you have a multicystic displastic kideny. Therefore, mom was monitored very closey throughout the pregnancy! For example, she was sent to the high risk Dr. At OSU (great facility) and I had stress tests (nst's) two times a week! It was hectic getting ready for your arrival! Not only were we dealing with that throw in 8 weeksof lesson plans and Christmas shopping!!
At 37 weeks and 3 days, mommy went to the dr and she had some protein in her urine (she literally got excited when that happened!!), you had low fluid around the sac and had already weighed 7 lbs 2 oz. so they decided to go ahead and schedule an induction. I was soooo excited, it was like Christmas had already arrived! Plus, I was sick of having my back ache, and waddle like I was pregnant! Also, our insurance was going to go up to basically throw 500.0o out the window, we got a tax break and Grammie was on vacation!
We made it through Christmas, including hosting mommy's side of the family at the house the day before you were born! :)
On 12/28, mommy and daddy went to the hospital at 8am to get the antibiotic needed for the Strep B. I was already 4 cm when I arrived. At noon, my water broke on his own, at 1:10 I got my pain meds and by 3:45 pm you had arrived. Mommy was in la la land and didn't tell the nurses like she was supposed to when she felt the pressure. I got impatient *imagine that* and kept saying "I wanna hold my girl" and we hit the nurse button. Had Dr. Ezzie not already been at the hospital awaiting your arrival, she would have missed the birth! OOPS! But, thanks for being so ready to enter the world, you only made mommy push ONE TIME!!! Daddy, Grammie and Grandma Nino were all present for the birth! Brother John and Carson were at home with Aunt Carrie making you arts and crafts for your arrival home! My surprise baby girl was born at 345. P.M on December 28, 2009 weighing in at 7 lbs and 12 oz. However, you went home with a lot less..7 lbs and 3 oz.
We love having another baby in the house, especialy breaking the all boy pattern on daddy's side!!
Monday we are going to be heading to Children's Hospital to get an ultrasound of your kidney to see what action has to take place!