Saturday, May 3, 2008

30 weeks

As of yesterday, I am 30 weeks along! I can't believe how fast the time has just been chucked out the window. Last Monday I had a check-up and everything is going great with baby Carson!! The only part that has me a tad-bit worried is that I was exposed to fifths disease from one of my students. My doctor gave me the "oh crap" look when I mentioned this to her. My blood test came back in Dec. as negative that I hadn't been exposed, so I had to take another blood test. I am STILL waiting for the results. I don't know much about the disease and haven't researched it. I am trying to remain positive and not waste my time stressing about it. I am really impressed with the lack of weight that I have gained. I have only gained 9 pounds so far! I know others aren't impressed because they give me lectures, but I honestly am just eating more healthy! My husband doesn't like many sweets, so thankfully Carson doesn't either. The doctor isn't worried, so why is everybody else?

I can't believe that I am going to be visiting the doctor every two weeks now! TIME IS FLYING! I wore my first maternity shirt last Friday to Carrie's birthday party. Then, I went another week without wearing them! Again, Friday came lecture time about not wearing maternity clothes, so I went out Friday and spent WAY TOO MUCH. So, Monday morning, I will be fitted with maternity shirts and pants! I am sure there will be something else I get a lecture for, but I won't be hearing this one anymore!

The house hunting update: We found a great house in Southern Point (just south of Grove City). But, it's a bank short sale and those could take 2 weeks to two months. I want to be in a house by the time the baby gets here. It's not fair to Carson to not have a baby decorated room. Yes, we have three bedrooms here, but then the computer room would be in the living room. Bottom line, I want a new place before the baby gets here. We are going to look at a few more tomorrow in Southern Point as well. Cross your fingers that something will fall into place. Usually the cards fall for me and my life, but it's hard to think "things will work out when they are meant to work out". I want a house closer to my job, most of my friends and family when this baby is born!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus, I know that I won't let anybody come down here to visit me and I think I will go insane without seeing people! :)

That's the update per Cara's request!

2 comments:

BuckeyeBundle said...

OOOOHHH...moving further North?!! YEA!!! closer to me! *doing a little dance! :)*

congrats on 30 weeks and also on being healthy with the pregnancy. I never ate so healthy in my life as I did when pregnant. Don't let them give you grief about not gaining weight...as long as your Dr. is fine and she says the baby is measuring where he should be, then all is well! I only gained 25 pounds with mine and I had 3 babies....it's all relative!

Cara said...

thanks for the updates!! And you should be proud that you have gained so little. I'ts less to take off after he's born!