Sunday, May 10, 2009

10 months old

Carson is 10 months old today. It was great having my first Mother's Day today!

Here's the bird's eye view of Carson via Eric. :) Well, he gives me the ideas to post and I'm expanded on them. I can't interrupt him watching House..:)

1. Carson loves being chased around on the ground while crawling. He discovered this game while Grammie was here one time. He would be crawling towards her and she would be chasing him and boy can he move fast!

2. He's going to be a natural at picking up after himself. He thinks that feeding himself isn't as fun even though he's eating table food. I put little bits on his tray for him to pick up and eat. However, he must think that it's messy and will give them to me to put into the bowl. I think it's adorable because I need all the help I can picking up! :)

3. Table Food
Carson's eating a variety of Table Food at this point. I wish I had the book home from the babysitter because we just made a list for her! :) He loves pancakes (Grammie made them for the first time this weekend), pears, bananas, cheerios, animal crackers, turkey burgers, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, noodles, yogurt just to name a few! Introductions to new foods will be coming soon! I also love new ideas! ;)

4. Throwing the ball- Carson enjoys sitting on someones lap and having the person below you pick up the ball and then throw it back to him and he throws it to you. If I were to already guess right now, it's obvious he will be right handed. We only have one lefty (Kayla) in our family.

5. Standing alone- Of course, I read the books, blogs etc. and see how other children are already walking. Yes, part of me thought he would walk early because I was walking by 9 months. However, he's making steps towards walking and is standing alone at some points.

6. Mocking bird- He loves doing what you are doing. The biggest part is screaming. If you make the screaming noises, he's going to make it back and much louder! It's sooooo adorable! :) I love coming to get him from the babysitter and hearing the boys and Carson having a screaming match.

7. The outdoors
Carson LOVES the outdoors. Whether it's sitting on someones lap, crawling around on the deck, playing in the yard on a blanket, or strolling in the stroller the boy loves to be outdoors! However, he's not the biggest fan of the grass! Saturday my mom took him outside on the swing so I could get a 30 min. nap. Of course, this swing wasn't a babyswing, so she wanted to ensure she was holding onto him. However, Mr. Independent didn't like Grammie touching him and kept pushing her hand away.

8. The Zoo
This week Carson was able to see the new baby Elephant at the zoo and thoroughly loved the aquarium. Missy (the babysitter) already had plans to take the other kids on Wed. which is Eric's usual day off. However, he had to work that day and she really didn't want to disappoint the other children. I was said I wouldn't be there to see his reactions for the first time at the zoo. But, I'm glad he had a great time! I even sent him with "spending money". He wasn't able to get his morning nap in that day because he was too busy looking at all the people. Hmmmmm I wonder who that would remind you of?

9. New Words

He's really trying to say dog, ball and Thank You! All of us are curious if they are really the real words or we are just imagining it! :)

10. Kisses on demand
It's so adorable when you ask him to give you kisses and he does!

Even though it's trying to be a mom at times, it's a wonderful feeling!!!

This post means that I am only 2 months away from ditching the pump and hosting his first birthday party. I already have the theme picked out, but nothing bought!!!

Hope you all enjoyed your Mother's Day!

5 comments:

Jane Anne said...

Happy 1st Mother's Day!! How exciting. Your little one sounds simply precious.

Thank you for your wonderful comment on my post about Starting Kindergarten with Allergies. I appreciated your insight. Stop by anytime. I am going to post more about our journey (probably especially as we get close to the start of school). I'd love to continue to get your opinions and suggestions. (I'd email you but I couldn't find an email. I hope you don't mind the rambling comment.)

I posted today about how Orientation went: Kindergarten Orientation was Exciting

Cara said...

Aw! i cant believe its already time to plan his first bday! how eciting! Dog and ball are Lyla favorite words too!

Tonya Winningham said...

Figures you are already planning that party!! WooHoo!
Now for a question...I have always heard 1 year until table food...how is it going for you? Any suggestions or reasons as to why you started when you did?
And, thanks for the timely update! Always love reading them!!! :)

BuckeyeBundle said...

Happy 10 months Carson!
Hope you had a great Mother's Day too. As you saw from my blog, I was a bit behind and it was a busy week last week! Sorry I sold all of my baby stuff. One of my co-workers bought a lot of my stuff and any gender neutral stuff, my sister is using because she is due with a BOY on July 3rd! Of course she is having a boy...darn it...can't use any of my hardly used clothes! oh well. hope you are well...how many more days?

BuckeyeBundle said...

oh one more thing....My pedi said we could start the girls on table food at 9months so I think you are right on schedule! It was only the milk that we waited until a year for. I need to pop over and tell Tonya that too.