Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I'm going.....

to get annoyed with comments such as....

1. You are going to have your hands full.

2. the kids are going to be awful close together

3. Did you plan this?

4. How are you taking this?

5. How's Carson handling it?

After 2 1/2 years of trying to get pregnant and even having to intervene with drugs, I'm just happy I don't have to go through all the trials and tribulations to get to have a wonderful miracle. No, this was not planned one single bit! Yes, it's going to be a bit tough at first as they are so close together. My brother and I are 17 months apart. My mom seemed to handle us just fine (sure we fought like cats and dogs later!). It will be great when they are in school and so close together! :)

Well, Carson's not handling it and it doesn't make it any easier by asking me about it! I had to quit breastfeeding after 10 months and 7 days because we didn't know how far along I really was. I haven't had a period since Jan. so I could be too far along and be detrimental to the baby, so I had to quit---cold turkey! :( I am not handling that part well, and neither is Carson. He is handling the formula, but he REFUSES to take a bottle from me. A few people have recommended just going ahead and giving him the formula in a sippie cup so we will try that this weekend. I'm cheap and stubborn and I really wanted to say that we didn't have to buy a single can of formula in a year. Well, that's not going to happen! :(

Ok, enough of the rant. We had an ultrasound and everything is looking great! I am due Jan. 10th! :)

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Girl now you know how I felt too!:) Every baby is a miracle and your new little one is here for a special reason too. Congrats and enjoy every minute! Carson will be fine as well...he will be on milk before you know it anyhow.

Tonya Winningham said...

I think this is AWESOME! I think it will be GREAT having 2 close together, Holly and I are real close and my mom survived, too! :)
One of my friends already has her 10 month old on milk because she is over the size of a typical one-year-old and the doc recommended doing that. So, it might be something to look into. If I didn't get a special price on formula, I would hate buying it, too! In summary, I wanted my children much closer than they will be, so I am envious...you enjoy every moment of it! :)

BuckeyeBundle said...

made me smile. You are meant to have these babies and all of those stupid people that forget to think before opening their mouths deserve a smart remark back....at least that's what I think. :) Thanks for the phone call too. :)

Cara said...

I think it is awsome! this is your miracle baby, therefor it is also a girl! haha! I am so pumped for you guys! And dont listen to anyones stupid comments about it, what the heck do they know anyways?!