Sunday, March 8, 2009

8 months

Carson is 8 months old today, March 10th! I can't believe my baby is growing up so fast!

Here's eight greats about the little love of my love.

1. His two words are still momma and baba. I seriously even practice with him to say dada but he isn't having anything to do with it.

2. He can make the kissing sound (but doesn't have the blowing kisses down just yet).

3. He's crawling. Last Wed. he had it down and he is off all over the place and it's amazing what someone can drop in a day!

4. The smile he has lights up the room. Of course, that would be totally from his mother. :) Besides that, it's so awesome to see him in the morning smile at the babysitter and all the kids that are there. It's even better to see his smile when you walk in the room from being gone at work or the grocery.

5. The boy has no fear of any food. He wasn't a big fan of fruits at the beginning. The boy is a champ at this point of eating! :) He eats a 1/2 container of Stage 2 fruit in the morning with 2 oz of breastmilk and oatmeal. For lunch he has the other half of the Stage 2 fruit and a container of Stage 2 Veggies. For dinner, he has 1 1 /2 jars of baby food dinners. The boy eats like a machine. We tried Stage 3 but he puked right after it, and it was too chunky for him. I haven't given him finger foods yet because I'm scared! (HA HA) The boy is a tank and wears 12-18 month clothes right now!

6. He has my lungs. Whether it's when he is whiney, crying, talking, or screaming (just to be sure we know he's there), there's NO hiding that he's my son! I love that he is vocal. I want to be social like I am! :)

7. It's so fun to see you in the bathtub. Since you were born, we have strived to give you a bath every night. I think we have only missed a handful. It's a great relaxing time for both mommy and daddy. This is the role that Eric has taken over for sure. I use it as a time to get started on my school work or pick up the house. Usually the weekends I take over when I have less on my mind. It's SOOOOOO fun to see you pick up the water container, play with the toys (the life preserver is your favorite) and eat a wash cloth. You are so fiesty when daddy has to take you out of there. It's even more cute when you see me when you get down the stairs and whine because you know it's time to get fed and ready for bed!

8. Lastly, the love that surrounds you! It starts at home and is amazing how two parents can love someone sooooooooo much. It continues with family, friends and especially your babysitter Missy. She treats you like one of her own and writes us notes about how much he makes her day! She spoils him like he is a family member! You are one loved boy!!!

2 comments:

Tonya Winningham said...

Awe, very sweet!
I like the bath part when you say you try to give him a bath each day. I was drying Timo's skin out by doing that (he's sensitive like me in that department) and that was the first thing the doc asked...I love bath time, too!!
And, wow, 12-18 month clothing!! Someday when mine and yours meet it will seem like they are much further apart in age than they really are. :)

BuckeyeBundle said...

so cool! Happy 8 months Carson!